Here are some tips you need to keep in mind when you buy cucumbers:
– Choose cucumbers that look shiny. The cucumbers should not be greasy on the outside . Cucumbers should look fresh.
– Test the strength of the cucumber. It must be solid and you can test it by pressing a finger on it.
– Look for fleshy cucumbers, but not too thick.
– Smaller cucumbers are crisp and have smaller seeds, making them more attractive to many people and especially children.
– Avoid cucumbers with yellow spots, damaged parts or those that are easy to bend. Cucumbers should be almost the same thickness along the entire length.
– Keep the cucumbers in the refrigerator. Due to the high water content in them, cucumbers should be eaten within 2-3 days. Avoid to store them near fruit, because the cucumbers will turn yellow and can get spoiled easily.